COVID-19 Safety Procedures for Businesses
Health and Cleaning
- Provide masks for employees to wear at all times.
- Clean and disinfect the building frequently, especially high-touch areas.
- Make sure employees have access to soap and water, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes.
- Tell employees they should notify their supervisor if they are sick and stay home.
- Prevent large groups from entering or leaving the building at the same time.
- Limit the number of employees in common areas.
- Conduct meetings virtually. For in-person meetings, limit the number of employees to 10 and maintain a distance of six feet.
- Don’t allow non-essential visitors. If there is a COVID-19 exposure in your building
- Establish a plan for employee COVID-19 exposure, which includes building cleaning and notifying affected employees.
If there is a COVID-19 exposure in your building:
- Establish a plan for employee COVID-19 exposure, which includes building cleaning and notifying affected employees. (See COVID-19 Safety Guidance at pa.gov for more details.)
- Secure and clean the exposed areas.
- Take each employee’s temperature before they enter the building and send home those who have a temperature of 100.4°F or higher.
- Employees should notify their supervisor if they have symptoms and go or stay home.
- Advise sick employees to follow the CDC recommended guidance on home isolation.
Remember These Important Steps to Stop the Spread of COVID-19
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other individuals.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as frequently as possible or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a sleeve or elbow.
- Do not shake hands.
- Regularly clean high-contact surface areas.
- When sick, stay at home.
- Do not gather in groups larger than ten people.